Thursday, May 2, 2024

Probably Don't Buy These Official Animaniacs Products...

 Because they have a stolen face that they traced off of that shouldn't have to happen in the first place. 😑





Oh yeah, and it's about time that I should talk about this one situation that perhaps not a lot of people talk about. Plus, this certain face only appears in the modern side of officially licensed Animaniacs merchandise somewhere in the late 2010's-2020's era so far as I'm writing this out. Besides, we likely stole things once, twice or more times as possibly we didn't know better at the time or maybe try to get away with it as we can but when you're stealing something that you're profiting off of is just a scummy thing to do. And that's plagiarizing 101. Not to mention that I used to trace off fanarts back in the middle 2010's when I was a teen. But at least I wasn't making money off of stolen work despite the fact I wasn't aware of every single fanart piece being a "fanart" like Sibsy's one fanart of the Warners that looks like the StarToons style. Even that got reposted/reuploaded many times without credit or mentioning who originally drew that back then!


Like I did with that previous post talking about Zilyprint on how they steal fanarts in a similar way, hopefully the artists at WB doesn't do this tracing BS anymore as they took a part of someone's own fanart that's like a decade old now!


And speaking of the fanart, here's the original piece that was originally made by icelion87 that truly made the "Evil Wakko" in the first place: hello nurse by icelion87 on DeviantArt


Well, don't ya see the resemblance now?


And what weirds me out that these artists (like whoever they are) had the time to create original drawings for Yakko and Dot when it came down to the "gangster-like" arms crossed poses, but Wakko was only given an originally drawn body aside from the face.


Despite I don't like Twitter at times (and I basically still freaking don't honesty as I said it before), here's this post made by the Animaniacs Wiki that has their own comparison of the stolen face being used: Animaniacs Wiki on X: "This Wakko stock art that Warner Bros. seems to love using in newer Animaniacs merch products actually comes from fan-art of an "Evil Wakko" made by icelion87 of DeviantArt. Original art: https://t.co/oIvlcUm4f1 https://t.co/BO3ADIt2EL" / X (twitter.com)


I'll talk about more traced fanart shenanigans in the future like how the Animaniacs reboot treated the Goodfeathers poorly and in one of the Masterclass episodes that feature the two lab mice that had traced Pesto fanart at some point.


And I'll do my version of that one pose of Wakko in the future since I feel like I should do my own remake of it. So, see you later next time!


P.S. The image shown in the post isn't mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What If the Avenger Era of CEC and OG Animaniacs Did a Parody Song Together?

  The 2000's had the "Hamster Dance" (or AKA "The Hampster Dance" if you wanna say it another way), the 2010's h...