Friday, January 12, 2024

2023 Christmas Drawings of the Warner Siblings as Rankin/Bass styled elves!

 Man, they totally look so much better in these kinds of clothing rather than Animaniacs 2020 taking the generic route of the Warner siblings' clothing while they were working for Santa in the North Pole in that 'Santamaniacs' cartoon. (Wow, how original reboot writers and this isn't the first time that you did that kind of title! *cough* Teeniacs *cough*) 😒 And I also feel like it's gonna be one of the absolute weakest Christmas themed cartoons for the Warner Siblings unfortunately IF I ever watched it. 😔 And even when I look up the premise of it, it's gonna be another "these characters (or this character) saves Christmas" kind of plot in which I already feel like that's a pretty generic and predictable route by now ever since Ernest and the PowerPuff Girls (as a few examples that I'll bring up here) already did it years ago. 🙄 

Sure, it's a nice concept to introduce towards kids that don't know much at about at first glance but, the more stuff like using existing characters (or brand-new characters) that these movies and TV shows churn out of it nowadays just seems like a generic plot device the more you know about it. 😐 At least with Rankin/Bass' 'A Year Without a Santa Claus' special did add a bit of a unique twist towards this kind of plot for me.  🙂

Aside from most of my negative critical ramblings here, in the original show (when it comes to the Warner siblings only), they had a few well-done cartoons such as 'A Christmas Plotz', 'T'was the Day Before Christmas' and 'Little Drummer Warners' were all fantastically great in my opinion! 😊😁 Plus, these pics were originally taken in December 2023 (as you may already know by now) and I'll put a Facebook link down below if you want to hear more about those drawings that I've made. 👇




And here's the posts...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Like Button

Featured Post

What If Avenger Chuck Hosts AFV?

  Honestly, it was ever a thing, they better make it funnier lately. I don't watch AFV that much nowadays aside from watching the stuff ...

Popular Posts