Monday, March 25, 2024

Reboot It...? 🤨 More like: "Do NOT Reboot It!"

 In my opinion, rebooting Animaniacs had to be a mistake more so than anime's existence lately. And it's more embarrassing than Wakko's Wish for crying out loud! At least the reboot crew knew how to get the main "plot" around Pinky and the Brain right (despite those two getting more flanderized like Brain becoming more of a villain than he ever did and Pinky becoming more stupider if it depends on the episode and has become more of Brain's "problem" according to Brain's future self and so on). Besides, what's with the redesigns lately? I get it that's a reboot at some sort, but the freaking show itself acts like it's "canon" towards to the original show by throwing in many references to the original show! Of course, the reboot isn't canon through Tom Ruegger himself that he said at some point, but it also makes me think if Wakko's Wish is or is not canon as well (despite my disliking of the movie at times). My guess is that is noncanon due to some reasons I'll say. 


Although, I don't see it as an "alternate timeline into the future" like Kyle Whaley (AKA AGiLE-EaGLE1994 on DeviantArt) would've said but for me personally, it feels like a futuristic alternate universe like Nurse Witch Komugi R was rather than an "alternate timeline" in my book. Speaking of Nurse Witch Komugi R, that magical girl reboot doesn't get brought up that often nowadays despite it was a decent watch in my opinion than those other reboots such as the already mentioned Animaniacs 2020, Tiny Toons Looniversity (in which that show is like a "brand-new take" on Tiny Toon Adventures that isn't canon towards to the original show I'll say), the baffling PowerPuff Girls 2016 reboot that didn't need to exist, or Teen Titans GO! even if you love it or you hate it (if I'll ever actually watch any of these reboots or not... probably just not despite I used to like Animaniacs 2020 as it came out with the first season but disliked it afterwards on what the reboot crew did with the rest of the OG cast of characters especially Chicken Boo getting the villain treatment sadly.)


Aside from that stuff being said, here's the meme itself about my disliking towards to a specific song from the Animaniacs reboot called: 'Reboot It!' And when it comes to this song though, I just wish the singing and some of the lyrics were changed and were better though. Not to mention that Reboot Yakko's voice was just putting me off as one of those reasons on why I disliked the song I'll say... Followed by the comparison to Johnny Depp to the "Johnny, Johnny, Yes Papa" song that I feel like that didn't age well (despite it being unrelated to the Amber Heard controversy at the time) and the way that the Warners say, "Get the script rights cleared!" that I feel like it was dramatically and visually red colored around them a little too much than it should've been.


Despite that 'Chip n' Dale: Rescue Rangers' movie isn't that great but honestly not terrible at the same time and it tries so hard by being this "Animaniacs-styled" kind of movie when it comes to the humor, I think "Ugly Sonic" might be the best character off of that movie (in my opinion at least) if I had to say anything about the movie in a positive way alongside that MC Skat Kat cameo with Paula Abdul was only the greatest thing to come out of the movie. Ugly Sonic's also a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine that I would rather have than those NFT apes any day! But I feel like we can somewhat agree with Chip that anybody who's sick and tired of these reboots popping up often or a little too often doesn't want a reboot nowadays (especially if it gets sadly ruined on what they loved in the past).




Here's the link towards to the original Facebook post on where I posted this meme like a few years ago...



FB link: The Warner Brothers & Warner Sister Dedication Group | If you're sick of reboots like the Chip n' Dale: Rescue Rangers movie is saying nowadays, you might as well agree with them | Facebook


So, see you later next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like Button

Featured Post

I Don't Care About This... Like Ever... 🙄😒

  And possibly so will you as you read this post here.  Anyway, since the Animaniacs reboot got it's freakin' vinyl record soundtrac...

Popular Posts