Thursday, April 25, 2024

A Possible Animaniacs Ripoff Is Coming...

But it's gonna be a Christian show. But before I get into that, I just wanna mention this one certain individual named: Annalise Beccerra since we're talking about ripoffs and Animaniacs like as the title says so. I already talked about her once before on this very blog as I thought her one theory on how the Warners could speak the "Pikachu language" was just a dumb theory in my book and you could check out the post here in case if you missed it: ˗ˏˋ ꒰ ZanyOGWarnerFan's Fanart Blog & More! ꒱ ˎˊ˗: Animaniacslover666 AKA Annalise Becerra's Theory on the Warner Siblings Speaking the 'Pikachu Language' Is Dumb... (zanyogwarnerfansfanartandmore.blogspot.com)


As I'm talking about Annalise at the moment, she has this hatred towards a PBS preschool show called: "Work It Out Wombats!" that she also claims it as a "ripoff" towards the show and the Warner siblings. And when it comes to the 'Wombat siblings' (AKA Malik, Zadie and Zeke) as they're "marsupial-like" themselves, they don't look that similar to the Warner siblings visually. And when it comes to on how they act, the Wombats act more like actual little kids in real life as you might've expect (Heck, even a show called: "Bluey" that Annalise LOVES has the titular character along with her sister sibling; Bingo Heeler act like little kids as you might've expected to see in real life as they're meant to be and *surprise surprise* shares the preschool genre like WIOW! is.) compared to the Warner siblings since they're meant to be more cartoony and exaggerated (as they're also zany and chaotic) that wouldn't meet real life expectations for the sake of comedic purposes at times. And the fact that the Warners could be older than the 'Wombats'. Despite I haven't seen 'Work It Out Wombats' since I'm not part of the target demographic, I wouldn't really call that show a "ripoff" towards Animaniacs. Even comparing Malik, Zadie, and Zeke to Yakko, Wakko and Dot seems unfair at some point just because they're a trio of siblings doesn't truly consider the 'Wombats' to be a "ripoff" of those characters either. Well, they may share something in common aside from they're a trio of siblings, but it wouldn't it be that much I'll say. 🤷‍♀️ Plus, I had to research to see how the 'Wombat' siblings were despite I haven't seen the show as I said before.


I also wouldn't blame Malik, Zadie, and Zeke for the Warners' "death" in that 2020 reboot either since it's awfully quite a stretch I'll say. Besides, I honestly didn't care about their "death" in the reboot and in my opinion, it was just a stupid ending (possibly to make the people talk about on how "sad" it is) that I just didn't care as much. After all, that random meter supposedly killed the Warners in the last episode of the reboot. And I even didn't care about Gabe Swarr's response about it on a platform that I personally don't like (if you can guess what it is) along with him saying that they're immortal at some point.


Anyway, I'm putting up a link here that's from one of Annalise's social media accounts that she posted in Reddit: Did you know; that the PBS kids show: Work it out wombats (AKA F*** it up Wombats) is a ripoff of Animaniacs (well the Warner siblings in general) and killed the Warners in the last episode of the reboot. They were behind their death. I am sad rn 🥺🥺🥺🥺 : r/animaniacs (reddit.com)


I also don't like on how she calls WIOW! with the inappropriate "F-word" as she's likely name calling on an innocent preschool show as it comes off rude in a way. And I also agree with many of the comments down below (despite I don't have an account there and I'm not sure if I'll be on there in the future). I'm also glad that Annalise didn't post that in my own Facebook group that's dedicated to the Warners.


With all that said out of the way, let's get into on what I'm talking about as the main focus of this post!


Has anyone heard of 'Bible Thumpers'? Well, I did before like years ago, but I think many of you haven't even heard of this before. This project is still in the works ever since like 2018 if I'm not mistaken and it's being created by the people who work for Fantasy Soft Entertainment. And what's 'Fantasy Soft Entertainment'? Well, it's an indie company that puts out Christian content that a lot of their work is inspired off of anime. And as of now, it's the only project that FSE worked on that isn't anime inspired as it leans more into the cartoon-y side unlike their previous works like 'Prince Adventures' and 'League of Eden'. I betcha haven't heard of those either!


This is what the prototype logo looks like while also showcasing the main characters that also appear in the logo:



 

And I assume these are the prototype designs for TuffTuff (middle one), KooKoo (the one on the right since her finalized design also has a rainbow on her shirt as we'll get into later on), and Mallets (the one on the left) who uh...




Looks suspiciously like Wakko doing that one pose from "The Goodbye Song" from episode 47. Not to mention that it's also pretty similar on how the Warners appear as within the show's main logo.


Speaking of the prototype version that was saved by hannafechik on Amino said that FSE did put up a Twitter post saying that they had to change the designs and did credit Animaniacs and etc. back in early 2020 (despite the fact there's no screenshot).


Here's the post on what I'm talking about: I don’t know, it still looks like some knock-off of Animaniacs... | Cartoon Amino (aminoapps.com)


Anyway, here's the second version of the logo:




And here's the finalized version of the logo:




Also, FSE said this on their DeviantArt account about on where you can watch Bible Thumpers:





I mean, I haven't even heard of that streaming service until I was doing this post! And this comment was like five years ago! According to what I've seen on Potarii's official Facebook page that haven't been active since 2019 and there was no announcement that the streaming service was launched back then. And I feel like that the link to their streaming service might be a dead site or something like that.


So, let's finally get into the finalized character designs for TuffTuff, KooKoo, and Mallets!





These were designed at an unknown Philippines studio that doesn't exist anymore as the official Bible Thumpers Facebook page says so.


And here's cleaner artwork of the main trio along with the finalized design: 




When it comes to these finalized designs in my opinion, they're not that bad I'll say, and they look vastly different from the suspicious "Warner-like" prototype designs. For TuffTuff as she's obviously the eldest out the bunch like Yakko is, but I feel like her personality might be different compared to Yakko as I think she'll have a tomboy-ish personality who's also quite girly in the inside. For KooKoo, she's taller than Mallets since they're like Wakko and Dot having vice versa heights with each other. And for KooKoo's personality, hopefully she isn't gonna become a Dot Warner ripof like she already has that cutesy look on her design. And for Mallets, what's up with his shirt that has a Minecraft like sword on it? Even from the other official art pieces that I've seen so far that sword just feels random thing being slapped on as TuffTuff and KooKoo's own shirts have something on it. Not to mention Mallets' own shirt in the other official art pieces don't feature that sword on his shirt. And for Mallets' personality though, hopefully he isn't a Wakko Warner ripoff in execution aside from him hanging his tongue out like Wakko does constantly. This is also a bit of speculation here since there isn't that much information about the main characters out there as I'm writing this.


As why I'm saying that it could be a possible Animaniacs ripoff aside from the previous designs of the characters and whatnot, this is where the IMDb page comes in. And you can check it out here if you want: Bible Thumpers (TV Series 2024– ) - IMDb


As I was saying, this is what the storyline/plot of the show will possibly be about: "Heaven can't get enough of Tuff-Tuff, KooKoo and Mallets Thumper. Whenever an angel or even God himself needs a good laugh, they turn to the Thumpers to give it to them. There's one angel, Lucifer, who can't stand them. So naturally, the Thumpers make it their mission to change that... until he wages a rebellion against God. Now that Lucifer has been banished and sent to Earth, the Thumpers decide to drive him and his loser friends insane while meeting Biblical heroes like the Prince of Egypt and King David."


Well, doesn't this sound like the Warner siblings themselves if they were THAT Chirstian? 🤨 Even this Lucifer guy that the Thumpers hang around with to drive him insane really reminds me of Dr. Sratchansniff on how he was quite annoyed with the Warners' own antics! And as the time as I'm writing this, Lucifer doesn't have a character design or concept art to show off on how this guy could've looked like. Hopefully he isn't a Dr. Sratchansniff ripoff in execution though (unless if I'm wrong about Lucifer, KooKoo and Mallets as once the show comes out).


As for the leaked episodes that have yet to be released as I'm writing this out, there's two episodes that have leaked onto IMDb such as the pilot episode being called: "A Snake's Rebellion" and the second episode called: "Adam and Eve and the Bible Thumpers".


For 'A Snake's Rebellion' episode as the plot may go like this: "Lucifer, and a third of the angels in Heaven, revolt against God. Heaven now holds one of its biggest trials yet. It's Lucifer v God. God defends himself. The Thumpers defend, Lucifer. Worst. Lawyers. Ever."


Um... Anyone up for a Christian version of 'La La Law'? Instead of getting a parking ticket violation, but's about revolting against God for some reason.


As for the 'Adam and Eve and the Bible Thumpers' episode, the plot may go like this: "Lucifer, now calling himself Satan, tempts Eve to eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, but not if Tuff Tuff, KooKoo and Mallets have anything to say about it."


I guess that this could be like a mix of 'Hot, Bothered and Bedeviled' and 'Guardin' the Garden'.


And like I said with the characters, this is speculation for now until the show comes out. After all, I just didn't care that I mention that Bible Thumpers had a comic book that was delayed at some point.


Before this show was mentioned or had any information online, there was another show that some people claimed it to be a "ripoff" of Animaniacs and that was called: 'The Wacky World of Tex Avery'. Well, that show has its own Hello Nurse that's basically a cowgirl instead of a nurse, and you wouldn't believe on what her name is... Her name is 'Chasitiy Knott'. Yeah, I wouldn't recommend kids to look up that first name though. I also consider her to be a ripoff of Hello Nurse in my opinion. And I'll talk about TWWoTA in a future post since I'm just giving this show a quick mention here.


So, see you later next time!


P.S. I haven't seen Bluey as I'm writing this, but I saw some clips on YouTube on I thought the show was fine like through PhantomStrider and Channel Awesome. And please don't harass anyone who works at Fantasy Soft Entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like Button

Featured Post

What If The Avenger Era of MMBB Replace the 2020 Reboot Warners In Suffragette City?

  Yep, I'm bringing the whole gang together rather than Chuck alone this time! And in my opinion, this cartoon TOTALLY deserves as rewri...

Popular Posts