Saturday, September 28, 2024

Long Live The Long Necks for Yakko & Dot

 The image was made on the meme generator site from here: https://imgflip.com/memegenerator/204057853/Reaction-Guys


To me, the long necks were much funnier to watch that added that cartoony spirit at the time. It just meh that the reboot took that out in my opinion. Even the comedy feels more meh rather than "LOL comedy" on how it is for me. I know I'm acting nostalgia blinded in a way, but at Avenger Chuck brought it back like twice in a row like that "Walk the Dog" commercial (from the late 90's and early 2000's) and that "Tree" commercial (somewhere around the 2000's).





And when it comes to my "nostalgia blindness", it's not that bad compared to that freakin' Guyus the Raptor dude that I've heard about on YouTube in the past this very year. And let me tell ya, he's not your average hater that hates all kinds of reboots and remakes for sure... He takes the next step further by harassing people, making death threats (especially about the people who work at Activision) and makes fetish art that involves his own characters that are around the age like a child would be if I can remember all of that correctly so far. Heck, he even would go out of his way to comparing the modern Crash Bandicoot games to the Ukraine War! I mean, what does those freaking games have anything to do with that BS?!? 


Well, just nothing I guess.


Oh, not to mention that he does "hate art" on top of it as well.


And honestly, I don't hate all reboots and remakes... There are some that I don't mind at all like the Strawberry Shortcake reboots back in the 2000's era that I grew up in, the Care Bears stuff that are from the 2000's but I also tend to like the newer designs from the latest reboot that still is ongoing today as I'm writing this out, the iconic My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic alongside with G3 and G3.5 that I grew up with all of them as a kid, the 2012 Littlest Pet Shop show that I grew up with (even I'm a fan of the 2000's LPS stuff ever since I was a kid). some modern Mickey Mouse stuff, and even the "Avenger" era of CEC to name some stuff there! And if there's certain a reboot or remake that you don't like at all, be constructive about it and this doesn't mean you gotta bash people around you so you can feel arrogantly and bitterly "better" about yourself. At the end of the day, just move on if you're gonna be repetitive about it again and again (especially done in a childish and annoying way). And nobody ever wants to hear that in the long run if you're gonna be like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like Button

Featured Post

What If Avenger Chuck Hosts AFV?

  Honestly, it was ever a thing, they better make it funnier lately. I don't watch AFV that much nowadays aside from watching the stuff ...

Popular Posts