Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Just A Random Post About OG Yakko "Appearing" In Yakko Amakko (Featuring Pepé Le Pew) + Spolier Warning #SaveOGYakko

First off, I'm gonna talk about Pepé first and then OG Yakko second just to get that le pew out of the way if any of you guys don't mind that. OK? Okay, um... Is it just me or I just didn't like how Pepé Le Pew got treated in this cartoon? Well, I know his antics chasing around an animal (no matter what gender they're in) accidently looking like a skunk wouldn't fly as much today but, I tended to like this character at some point as long if you don't take it too seriously and try to accept the cartoons that he starred in for what they are. I mean, at least the cartoons are actually quite charming and amusing from time to time! 🤷‍♀️ Or at least in my opinion. 😅 And I just don't even care if I ever watch this cartoon or not that I feel like most of the time it'll be an unamusing kind of experience for me. Plus, I already know that both 'Duck Amuck' and 'Rabbit Rampage' will be STILL superior while being compared towards to this particular cartoon that I can possibly sense within myself (despite it being a "homage" towards to one of the cartoons that I've already mentioned). Not to mention that this episode has a bit of that "Nostalgia Bait" in this cartoon. 

Oh yes, you heard me right on that one. 

I already mentioned on how Pepé was (SPOILERS: He unfortunately got erased by the animator but honestly, no big deal and he just looks visually jarring as heck being paired up with Reboot Yakko's appearance on the exact same screen as we're seeing them together, I'll say). But my biggest defender in this cartoon as you might've guessed by now is, OG Yakko appearing... 😔 

Now don't get me wrong, both OG Yakko and Pepé in his latest character brand design that has been kept for years now looks great here! 😅 Possibly even better to look at than Yakko's reboot design too! 😀 But the thing is, I just feel like OG Yakko was just wasted here (even though it's a reference towards the original show)... Especially you got Reboot Yakko being in his body acting like that on how he freaked out about it wasn't a good straightforward reaction in my opinion. 😓 

And if you're wondering on why I'm saying it that way is because I tend to view Reboot Yakko and OG Yakko as two different versions/identities of himself. And I also tend to view OG Yakko as the "real" Yakko in my book despite people like that Ben dude (AKA that "Pirate King" guy that you might've heard of him on DeviantArt or Facebook) that he tends to think that freakin' Rob goddam Paulsen is the "real" Yakko. And that's totally fine for him to think of that though, but for me, I really REEEEALLY wanted this version of Yakko back so badly and I unfortunately got robbed by seeing more of him in this recent reboot. 😞 He also could've been a great rival towards Reboot Yakko if done right in that 'WARnerGAMES' two-parter cartoon on where he could've been one of the gold versions that wants to hijack the spotlight for a moment due to his own fears of being forgotten and the stuff that happens to him within his own side (alongside with his own siblings as well) of living around the Warner lot such as going through a tough time when they couldn't be on TV anymore, etc. Man, even a stomach punch towards Reboot Yakko's gut would've been great as well while both Yakkos fight off each other...  And more like epic in my opinion! 🤩 

Yeah, it's always been something like that I've wanted to see for like nearly two years now when it comes to the new and old versions of themselves being rivals or foes quite similar to that one Animaniacs comic originally released back in the 90's in which that was issue 4 within the series. And when it comes to that comic with its own set of Warners, I think that they're like the in-universe prototype Warners at some point (despite the comics may or may not be canon at all).

With all that said out of the way, I'm just gonna end this rambling of mine off with a few pics of OG Yakko appearing in that cartoon that's already been said in the post's title. Anyway, see ya next time when I post more PriPara stuff!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Like Button

Featured Post

What If Avenger Chuck Hosts AFV?

  Honestly, it was ever a thing, they better make it funnier lately. I don't watch AFV that much nowadays aside from watching the stuff ...

Popular Posts