Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Animaniacs Has Official Vinyl Albums Coming Out Soon and I Have Some Thoughts...

 I guess vinyl records are coming back from the dead after all this time... Even some people don't want vinyl records to be left behind in the past either, I guess. And after all this time, Animaniacs is now officially gonna get not one but two soundtracks coming straight to vinyl soon. But first, I wanna talk about this one piece with the Warners before I talk about the two soundtracks. The first thing that was on my mind about this was, what the heck is this? Why does Yakko look like that? Even he has that bit of a long neck that I'm not a fan of alongside with the whiskers being drooped down (I can say the same about the way that Wakko's Wish did it as well when it comes to the whiskers being drooped down whenever they're feeling sad or something like that). Plus, is it just me or Yakko's trying to be a bit "emo-like" here? And to me, this just random and I also wouldn't be surprised if this was throw-away art just to be slapped on somewhere. Besdies, Wakko and Dot don't too that bad here even though Yakko could've looked somewhat better at some point. 




Aside from that image, here's one of the official images that these were announced...




Yeah, it's both the original and the reboot that are gonna get this vinyl treatment with their soundtracks lately. Plus, if you're someone that apparently wants the songs from season 3 from the 2020 reboot itself in some kind of physical media or whatever, well, this is your chance... maybe. Despite the fact I don't really care with the Animaniacs reboot alongside with many of its songs honestly. Even the coloring for the reboot soundtrack feels "fanart-y" to me on how the colors are a bit warmer than usual stuff from the 2020 reboot and the "variety" of characters appear on the cover art that they've chosen compared to the cover art for the original series. And speaking about the cover art for the original series, it looks alright I'll say. And who knows if iam8bit with their collaboration with WaterTower Music is gonna take the exclusive Yakko's World album songs such as "The Hello Song", "I'll Take an Island", and "Several Drops of Rain" that haven't been in the original show? We'll just have to wait and see when it comes to that though. So, see you later next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What If Avenger Chuck Sang Giant Dream?

  Is it just me or that dance from the official music video fit Chuck pretty well? And I feel like the song fits him as well! Plus, he shoul...