Monday, October 14, 2024

OPINION: The Word "Bro" Is Overused...

 Yeah, and I'm already sick of it by now that these kids wanna say these days. Plus, I'm not the only one who's feeling something like this! Look, I don't mind the word "rizz" going around since it's short for "charisma". But for other popular words like "gyatt" (now that's one that I hate with a freaking passion on how STUPID it sounds especially when the word "booty" already exists that we do NOT need another slang word for "butt" or "bottom"). Even the freaking "Skibidi Toilet" phase that the internet's been dealing with has NOTHING to to with slang at all (or at least in my book). But anyway, I'm just not a fan of this Gen Alpha slang that's been coming trying to sound all "hip and cool" with it that just sounds cringe in my book. Not to mention that this is coming from a Gen Z person that's gonna sound like a "hypocritical boomer" here. 😒


*sigh* To me, I just miss the words like "dude" and "man" being a thing lately. *groans* Yes, I know I'm already sounding nostalgic as well here! And those words aren't the only things that I tend to miss nowadays, I miss my mom (that passed away), the OG Warners, Avenger Chuck, and the simpler times when you're chilling out with people that aren't trying to harass you or be bitterly cynical about something you said or even do!


Aside from that, it's perfectly okay with me to have my own slang preferences (and or course some people out there will have their own set of slang words to use). And there are other reasons that I don't like the word nowadays such as hearing my dad not liking that word due to his own brother calling him "bro" some years ago that my dad got fed up with him (as his brother wasn't that great to him for some reasons that I could explain if you want me to) and me seeing some FB comments of Annalise (who you might know as "Animaniacslover666" on DA that she's also on reddit with a different Animaniacs related username that I'm talking about here), saying the word that I wasn't too thrilled on seeing that happening lately. 😓





I feel like there's a part of me that thinks Avenger Chuck wouldn't mind the word "bro" but just prefers on saying "man" or "dude" as he usually does like he did back in the day. 🤷‍♀️


Template: https://zanyogwarnerfansfanartandmore.blogspot.com/2024/08/avenger-chuck-drake-meme-blank-template.html

2 comments:

  1. Lmao i feel this with my soul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least I'm not the only one here! 😂 It's just one of those rants that I do on this blog here.

      Delete

Like Button

Featured Post

OPINION: The Word "Bro" Is Overused...

  Yeah, and I'm already sick of it by now that these kids wanna say these days. Plus, I'm not the only one who's feeling somethi...

Popular Posts