Monday, September 21, 2026

No Blippo, Japan Does NOT Hate Chococat!

 I know that meme is a bit low-effort looking but, ever since I saw that thumbnail as that video was freshly new like a year or two ago, I think something was wrong here (and I didn't watch that video but I certainly did watch their Cogimyun one when it was released at some point despite I think they messed up on Cogimyun's brother by mentioning the wrong character for that one as it's meant to be Cogimyon). And don't get me started on the whole "black cat bad because of Halloween and Friday the 13th" rumor stuff since this IS Japan we're talking about, right? RIGHT...? After all, they're trying to break-up this stereotypical belief that black cats aren't always this bad... Heck, even that thumbnail didn't age well because because of a few certain things I kept seeing Chococat in exclusive Japanese merch for a Punirunes collab (yes really, and that is what's in the meme below that I do wish I could "photoshop" that cookie out of Chibiusa's hand to put that Punirune Chococat in there, but I think I really don't have the time or those kinds of tools at the moment) and actually being Japanese dubbed for Hello Kitty and Friends Supercute Adeventures.





Oh, you never heard of that official Japanese dub before (unless if you already did heard of it... probably)? Well, since they've been doing this a lot more often now on their official Japanese Sanrio YouTube channel, you will certainly see a lot more of Chococat on there! And to be honest here, I'm glad that they kept him without doing any major animation re-edting to really remove him from the series itself. Plus, can we say that Chococat is more of a "niche" in Japan rather than being just "hated"? Especially the way that Sanrio is trying to make Chococat relevant in their own home country these days... Despite I also think Chococat was made to be more of a relevant character in the US and etc. rather than in Japan to possibly teach us that black cats aren't always that bad like those things that I've mentioned before... And now that's something to think about! Or it could be just me on going a bit overboard over some stupid clickbait thumbnail. But yet again, there would be some people out there that would believe in that stuff to blame on Sanrio, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

No Blippo, Japan Does NOT Hate Chococat!

  I know that meme is a bit low-effort looking but, ever since I saw that thumbnail as that video was freshly new like a year or two ago, I ...

Popular Posts