Sunday, March 10, 2024

The OG Warners React to Animaniacs 2020 "80's Cats" AKA That ThunderCats Parody...

 Yeah, I'm still pretty bias on this one to this day on how this reboot got away with it... And it's quite ironic that they didn't want anything to do with Hello Nurse or Minerva Mink that much but somehow, they made Dot (who's supposed to be a "forever child" at some point) that made her look muscular and also was topless. Sheesh, these "80's Cats" designs made me appreciate the anime Warners from that 'Bun Control' episode more often! At least Dot in her anime form has a sailor fuku top on her unlike on what they've did with "80's Cats" Dot here! Not to mention that the reboot Warners were likely fused together some body parts from the OG ThunderCats that makes it even more uncanny for me. Plus, I'm just gonna copy and paste my saying about this cold opening from season two alongside posting the meme that I've made of the OG Warners reacting to it since the picture is from 'Lookit the FuzzyHeads' episode when Elmyra Duff (from Tiny Toon Adventures) drags Dr. Sratchansniff along with Mr. Puppethead in one of his hands around the floor while Yakko says: "Oh, the humanity!"


So, here's on what I've said at the time on Facebook (that'll post a link towards to the post from a certain group of mine)...


"80's Cats: How NOT to do a parody. And, this is quite disappointing along with unpleasant character designs to look at for Animaniacs standards.


Why would you take random body parts of the ThunderCats characters' and slap them onto the Warners? 🤦‍♀️😒 They just look hideous looking like that. Who would even thought (or I should say 'think') that would be a good idea in the first place? It doesn't fit them in my opinion. They also look "uncanny" when they look like that. 🤢😝 They could've parodied something else that would rather fit the Warners and make it visually pleasing to watch. I've also seen better parodies from the OG Animaniacs."





And just like Keshia Ander's (AKA KessieLou on DA) opinion on how Sailor Moon and Animaniacs shouldn't go together as a crossover, I just don't think that this works at all execution-wise in my opinion. It even made me wish if Animaniacs 2020 was gonna do a parody of ThunderCats, please do it without the Warners and have characters look like parodies of the actual characters on who they're based on instead. By the way, I made that meme within Google Slides from a few years ago.


Before I end off this post, here's the link that I've mentioned earlier: The Warner Brothers & Warner Sister Dedication Group | 80's Cats: How NOT to do a parody | Facebook


So, see you later next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like Button

Featured Post

A Sticker of Chuck from A Sticker Sheet...

Basically the "Avenger" version of the titular character as it's one of those moments throughout the merchandise without weari...

Popular Posts